This 2-day session is designed for those responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining Social Responsibility compliance using the ISO 26000:2010 standard.
Understanding Social Responsibility, the Core Subjects and Principles in the ISO 26000:2010 standard.
Principles of social responsibility including:
- Accountability, transparency, ethical behavior, respect for stake holders interests, respect for rule of law, respect for international norms of behavior, respect for human rights
- Recognizing social responsibility and engaging stakeholders
- Guidance on social responsibility core subjects of: organizational governance, human rights, labor practice, the environment, fair operating practices, consumer issues, community involvement and development
- Guidance on integrating social responsibility throughout an organization such as; the relationship of an organization’s characteristics to social responsibility, practice for integrating social responsibility throughout an organization, communication on social responsibility, enhancing credibility regarding social responsibility
- Examples of voluntary initiatives and tools for social responsibility reporting
- Complete standard review and interpretation of the requirements of ISO 26000
- Knowledge to conduct a base-line review of your organization’s current position and implement the key principles
- Awareness of the knowledge and resources necessary to successfully implement the system
- Operational requirements