At the conclusion of this course, successful attendees will have been provided with the knowledge and ability to utilize the concepts of process auditing to drive improvement including:
- A thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Standards (combined training copy provided), and most importantly, their intent.
- A solid understanding of the automotive industry Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA,MSA and SPC).
- The Automotive Process Approach: Starting and finishing audit trails with customer and organizational performance metrics.
- Using risk assessment tools to prioritize audit trails.
- Focusing on critical sources of variation using six sigma concepts.
- Focusing on waste reduction using lean manufacturing concepts.
- Using problem solving principles and tools such as PDCA, 8D, fishbone diagrams, and“5 Why” analysis.
- The ability to plan, conduct and report process based audit activities based on ISO 19011 guidelines.
- How to “sell” audit findings to top management by linking corrective actions to the bottom line financial performance of the organization.
Who the course is for
This course has been created to:
- meet the competency requirements for Process / Manufacturing / Quality / Industrial / Etc. Engineers related to the AIAG Core Tools that most Automotive Customers require.
- expand the knowledge and skills of internal auditors beyond the basics of conformance auditing to focus their audits on business value considering performance management and risk management.
- The Deming Cycle (PDCA) and 7 management principles from ISO 9000:2015
- The Automotive Process Approach to business management, including policy deployment and metric alignment.
- Risk Based Thinking and Risk Management tools, including SWOT and FMEA.
- The importance of following APQP and completing an effective PPAP.
- Variation / 6S concepts, including Measurement Uncertainty, MSA, Gage R&R, Process Capability and SPC.
- Waste and Lean Manufacturing, including 7 Wastes, Value Stream Mapping and Error Proofing.
- A practical application of the latest ISO 9001 and TS 16949 requirements through ongoing team exercises and daily NCR case study role play.
- An ongoing PPAP case study teaching students how to effectively assess application of the AIAG core tools.
- Training on relevant Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs).
- Planning, conducting and reporting on the process audit.
- To close out every day we examine multiple case studies in nonconformity identification, allowing students to immediately apply what they have just learned.
- To open every day we perform a closing meeting role play where each student must present their assigned case study results from the previous day to a management team not interested in ISO requirements.
- Exercises for evaluating the adequacy of corrective actions.
- A two hour final examination is given to evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
There will be practical exercises so that participants in the course can get a “real life” feel for how the publications/processes can work for them.