- To identify the 18 Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants of the 10 CFR 50, Appendix B.
- To understand the purpose and the role of the ASME NQA-1 Standard in nuclear applications.
- To identify the 18 criteria of the NQA-1 Standard and the differences between 10 CFR 50, Appendix B and NQA-1 Standard.
- To understand the content and differences between Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Who the course is for
Engineers and technicians in charge of the construction or maintenance of nuclear pressure equipment or systems, covered by ASME BPVC code Section III. Also, they must have at least one year of experience in the construction or in the maintenance of nuclear facilities and a basic knowledge in mechanics and the metallurgy of boilers
- Introduction to nuclear safety and regulations.
- Presentation of the 18 quality assurance criteria of the 10 CFR 50, Appendix B: “Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Fuel Reprocessing Plants”.
- Overview of the NQA-1 Standard: Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications.
- NQA-1 Part I: Requirements for Quality Assurance Programs for Nuclear Facilities.
- NQA-1 Part II: Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications.
- NQA-1 Part III: Guidance for Implementing Parts I and II Requirements.
- NQA-1 Guidance on the Application and Use of NQA-1.
- Use of the NQA-1 by the ASME BPV Code, Section III.
- Differences between 10 CFR 50, Appendix B and NQA-1 standard
- Practical examples