The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Occupational Health & Safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. All references in this document to ISO standards are to the current versions unless stated otherwise.
Delegates who complete ISO 45001 Lead Auditor (OHSAS) Training course successfully (within the three years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification.
Who the course is for
All those with responsibility to implement, maintain, audit and improve an OH&SMS according to the ISO 45001:2018 Standard must attend this course.
• Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
• Interpret ISO 45001 requirements for audit application
• Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
• Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
• Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
• Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
• Overview of Occupational health and safety issues
• OH&S Strategies
• Overview of Audit management, Performing audit and Audit reporting for OHSMS
• Practical exercises, workshops, case studies, role plays and feedback.
There is a ‘two-hour examination’ at the end of this course. In addition, a ‘continuous assessment’ of the delegate contributes toward the overall grading.