- Summarize an overview of the history and background of API Spec Q1.
- Define key terminology, the relation of the vocabulary to the specification, and allowable exclusions.
- Describe the basic requirements of a management system.
- Describe the realization planning requirements.
- Describe the focus of customer satisfaction as it relates to API Spec Q1.
- Identify the purpose of the API Q1 Technical Application for Lead Auditor.
- Discuss the business drivers for developing API Spec Q1.
- Describe both the Process-Based QMS and the Process and Risk-Based QMS auditing processes.
- Evaluate an API Q1 Stage I audit.
- Identify the requirements of an API Q1 Stage II audit.
- Conduct an API Stage II audit.
- Evaluate findings in an API Q1 Stage II audit.
- Complete an API audit report.
- Evaluate a QMS against the API Specification Q1.
- Conduct a closing meeting.
Who the course is for
This course is intended for personnel who participate on internal or external audits and who are new to auditing. This course teaches all the auditor essentials as well as the API Q1 specification, including the important linkages and dependencies for audit purposes. Upon completion you obtain both your API Q1 Specification Credentials and your Auditor Credentials. This course is recommended for new auditors, regardless of how much experience they have in the Industry.
This course was developed to help participants understand the intent and application of API Q1 to include developing, implementing, and sustaining a compliant management system. In addition, participants will not only learn the requirements of the specification but learn how to apply them through practical application activities that are relevant to their career goals. This course provides participants with an in-depth understanding, knowledge, and skills needed to carry out successful internal & external audits for all industry segments. The latest methodologies, practices, and techniques are utilized, including practical application.